Homeward Bound WV, Inc. (formerly Friends of the Four Legged and Furry) is a dedicated, small group of volunteers working to improve the lives of neglected and homeless pets. We are a non-profit, no kill rescue and foster program based in North Central West Virginia.
All cats and kittens are Feline Leukemia/Feline HIV tested, vaccinated, dewormed, checked for external parasites, and spayed/neutered. Adoption fee is $95.
All dogs and puppies are vaccinated, wormed, and checked for external parasites. Adoption fee is $250 which includes spay/neuter and a microchip provided by us. For puppies who are not altered, the adoption fee is $250 plus a $50 deposit — this $50 deposit will be returned when proof of spay/neuter is provided.
Homeward Bound WV, Inc., is a unique, non-profit organization dedicated to saving dogs and cats whose lives are in jeopardy and in enriching the lives of people in Monongalia and Preston Counties. We are a 100% foster organization.
We believe in:
- Rescuing dogs and cats in need at local kill facilities, rehabilitation of sick and un-socialized animals, and retrieval of orphaned and abandoned pets, so that they might ultimately be adopted into permanent, responsible, loving homes.
- Providing a low cost spay/neuter program (through the generosity of the Peterman Foundation and reduced fees at local veterinary clinics) for the people of Preston and Monongalia Counties for the purpose of reducing unwanted births and unfortunate deaths of animal offspring.
- Providing nurturing foster homes where our cats and dogs are provided an enormous amount of love and any necessary medical attention that may be required to insure they are in good health before adoption. When time permits, our dogs are also house-trained and taught basic obedience.
- Evaluating all of our cats and dogs for temperament and personality. This helps us place them in homes that are well suited to their needs and to the needs of their future owners.
- Educating prospective adopters about the responsibilities and costs of bringing a dog or cat into their homes and lives.
- Educating school-aged children about stray, homeless, and feral animals and how they can help with the kind treatment of these animals in their neighborhoods.
- Working with area shelters and other rescue/humane organizations to develop a network of supporters and volunteers in order to create a better world for homeless pets.
- Facilitating the relocation and transport of homeless pets from kill shelters to other rescue organizations.
Donations can be made via PayPal to: donate@HomewardBoundWV.org
or by check to:
Homeward Bound WV, Inc.
PO Box 4592
Morgantown, WV 26504
We gratefully accept donations of Purina One Kitten Food (Dry), Purina Pro Plan Savor, canned cat food, clumping litter, toys, Frontline Plus, Capstar, printer paper, humane traps.
To contact us, please send email to: